It is time for the elections of the Deutsches Haus Board of Directors for 2020.
- The election will be held on Tuesday, January 28 at 7:30 pm. The voting process, which is different from prior years, is detailed here.
- The nomination period ran through the month of November and candidates were announced in December. To vote, a member must be a stock-holding member who paid their dues for 2020 by December 31, 2019.
- There was a town hall to “Meet the Candidates” on Tuesday, January 21 at 7pm. Candidates are listed here.
The third installation of engraved bricks has been installed outside the Haus on Moss Street outside the back terrace.
Orders for the fourth set of commemorative bricks is now open.
Honor the memory of an immigrant ancestor or your own commitment to the building of the new Haus.
More information at Brick Order
Monday, November 18, was both the 1st Anniversary of the opening of the new Deutsches Haus building on Moss Street AND the 91st Anniversary of the Deutsches Haus organization in New Orleans!
- Sunday November 24: A party with German buffet in honor of the 1-year anniversary of the structured German classes.
- Tuesday November 26: A celebration of the good times at the old location on Galvez Street. The Bier Stube is being opened specially. More info
Click for more info about the history of Deutsches Haus or the building of the Haus. And here is a look-back at the opening one year ago.