Volksfest or Maifest is a traditional German celebration of spring and outdoor activities after a long winter. Deutsches Haus will celebrate on Friday, April 30 (4pm-10pm) and Saturday, May 1, 2021 (11am – 10pm).
Admission is $5 for Non-members. Free for kids under 12 years. Free for Deutsches Haus members plus one guest. (Members – bring your cards!)
Credit cards instead of cash, please.
Number of people on site will be limited and socially distanced according to local and state regulations. Some parking available on site.
Outside under the Oaks
Bring your portable festival chairs to sit under the beautiful oaks on the Haus property.
Menu to include:
- Frikadellen Plate (German-style hamburger patty with Mashed Potatoes, German Baked Beans, and Cabbage Salad)
- 2-Wurst Plate (with Mashed Potatoes, Red Cabbage, and Sauerkraut)
- Flammkuchen (German-style pizza with creamy white sauce)
- Bratwurst on Pretzel Bun
- Chicken nuggets
- French Fries
- Soft, fresh-baked Pretzels
- Lots of varieties of German beer and wine
- Soft-drinks and water
Schnapps and Wine Classes
Saturday, May 1. 4 class sessions, each limited to 20 people, socially distanced. The topic for each session will be either Schnapps or German and Austrian wines. Each tasting will last 45 minutes to an hour. Tickets are still available for each of the 4 sessions.
- 3:15 pm Schnapps – $15 per person
- 4:30 pm Wine – $20 per person
- 5:45 pm Schnapps- $15 per person
- 7:00 pm Wine – $20 per person
Purchase tickets for Wine or Schnapps tasting sessions here. Choose your session from the button dropdown. Final price includes online purchase fee.
Kinderecke (Children’s Corner)
Activities for Children from 12:30 to 5:30 pm. To include activities such as Musical Chairs, the Chicken Dance, learning a German dance, and sack races. Even a soccer ball pinata!
Schedule for Volksfest 2021
Friday, April 30
- 4:00 PM – Doors open
- 5:00 PM – Maypole ceremony
- On the stage during the evening – Bier Musikanten band, Schnitzelbank Lasse, and Children’s Mass Krug contest
- 10:00 PM – Closing
Saturday, May 1
- 11:00 AM – Doors open
- 12:00 PM – Opening ceremony including Keg Tapping
- 12:30 PM – Maypole Ceremony
- 1:00 PM – Volkslauf (A traditional German group walk – led by the Chicken!)
- 1:30 PM – Hund Parade with dog costumes
- On the stage during the day and evening – Bier Musikanten band, Schnitzelbank Lasse, and Adult and Childrens Mass Krug contests
- 3:00 PM – Maypole Ceremony
- 5:00 PM – Maypole Ceremony
- 10:00 PM – Volksfest ends