It is time to get ready for the elections of the Board of Directors for next year. Are you interested in running for the Board of Directors?
2020 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION
OCTOBER 30, 2019
- Nominations for the position of Director for the 2020 Board of Directors Election will be accepted from November 1 through November 30, 2019. Self nominations will be accepted. Current bylaws do not allow for write in candidates or nominations on Election Night.
- Candidates must be a stockholder member in good standing with dues timely paid for 2018 and 2019 and, if elected, agree to accept any officer position determined by the Board of Directors. Any required dues for 2020 must be paid no later than November 30, 2019 to ensure that the candidate will be “in good standing” when the final list of candidates is sent to the membership no later than December 15, 2019 per the current bylaws.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Intent and Qualification, no later than November 30, 2019, on a form provided by the Nominating Committee and may submit a one page biography attached to the Letter of Intent and Qualification. Any biography that is submitted with the Letter of Intent and Qualification will be included in the final list of candidates published by the Deutsches Haus. If a candidate does not submit a biography with the Letter of Intent and Qualification they may still distribute their biography.
- The Letter of Intent and Qualification form will be available for download on the Deutsches Haus website and will be available in paper format at the Haus. The form and any biography must be hand delivered to the Deutsches Haus. No other method of submission will be accepted. Completed forms and any biography submitted will be placed in provided sealed envelopes addressed to the Nominating Committee and placed in the lock box provided for member applications. Envelopes addressed to the Nominating Committee will be delivered to the Committee unopened.
Download Letter of Intent and Qualification Form HERE
- No later than December 2, 2019 the Nominating Committee will submit the Letters of Intent and Qualification only, not the biographies, to the Membership Chairperson. The Membership Chairperson will certify that the candidate is a stockholder member in
good standing and that any dues required for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 have been timely paid. The Membership Chairperson will sign the Letters of Intent and Qualification and return them to the Nominating Committee on that same date.
- On December 2, 2019 the Nominating Committee will prepare the final list of candidates for presentation to the membership at the Quarterly Membership Meeting on December 5, 2019 and to the general membership in accordance with Article VII, Notice, of the current bylaws by December 15, 2019.