A committee appointed by the Board of Deutsches Haus is proposing revisions to the Charter and By-Laws. So that members can study the changes, versions of both the new proposed and the older versions of the documents are available below. There will be 4 townhall meetings about the documents scheduled in the next 2 months. Members will vote on whether or not to accept the documents at the Member Quarterly meeting on September 28, 2019.
- 2019 Proposed Charter (Revisions are highlighted in yellow)
- 2003 Amendment to Charter
- 1928 Original Charter
9/11/2019: The Proposed By-Laws were modified after listening to membership feedback at the first 2 town hall meetings:
- Nominating Committee in Section 4.4.1: required that a director may be on the committee provided that they will not seek reelection. Required the Committee to solicit nominees from the membership.
- Election of Officers in Section 5.2: required that the newly elected Board will convene a meeting to select officers. Officers elected by the Board will be presented to the membership for confirmation as a slate.
- Miscellaneous section 12.4: required that Robert’s Rules of Order govern official meetings of the Haus
- Section 4.2, Composition and Eligibility of Board of Directors: Made it clear that employees of the Haus may not serve on the Board
- 2019 Proposed By-Laws Updated 9/11/19 (Revisions from 2014 version highlighted in yellow)
- 2014 Existing By-Laws (Also includes a gist of the Charter)
All documents are in pdf format. 2 sets of the documents are available to be viewed at the Deutsches Haus bar. If you wish to have your own copies of the documents, please print them after accessing them via the above list of links.