- The new session of classes starts on July 6. It will be a mix of classes held at the Haus and classes done online. See below for list. If you feel uncomfortable about attending a live class at the Haus or on the other hand, Zoom, contact the German Class Coordinator .
- Registration is now open for the new session.
- Important: New Textbooks were required starting in January 2020 for Adult Classes. Details on textbook page here. Textbooks can take a few weeks to arrive.
- The Saturday Children’s program is postponed for now. The new session will be for 3 to 6 year olds. *Details on Children’s page Here*
German Language classes FOR ADULTS
Classes will start in the first week in July and run for 10 weeks. Registration is now open. Online classes will use Zoom. Students will need to install the free Zoom app.
Details on class size, refund policy and all the policy details here.
Class Schedule SUmmer 2020 ADULTS
A1.1 – Beginner sequence, Course 1, 1st of 4 Courses
- Tuesday, 6 pm-7:30, Online via Zoom, July 7-Sept 8
- Saturday, 9 am-10:30, at Haus, July 11-Sept 12
A1.2 –Beginner sequence, Course 2, 2nd of 4 Courses
- Monday, 6 pm-7:30, Online via Zoom, July 6-Sept 7
(last day is Labor Day and that last class will probably be rescheduled)
A1.3 –Beginner sequence, Course 3, 3rd of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 1 pm-2:30, at Haus, July 11-Sept 12
A1.4 – Beginner sequence, Course 4, 4th of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 11 am – 12:30 pm, at Haus, July 11-Sept 12
A2 – Elementary Level (Follows Beginner Sequence)
- Wednesday, 6pm-7:30, at Haus, July 8-Sept 9
B1+ – Intermediate and Above
- Thursday, 6pm-7:30, at Haus, July 9-Sept 10
Tuition prices – adults
- Adults: Regular 10 week classes
- $182 – Deutsches Haus Non-Members
- $165 – Deutsches Haus Members
A convenience fee of approximately $4 will be added to the price when paying online.
Private lessons may also be available.
For more information or for questions, please email:
German Class Coordinator
German Conversation NiGHT
Third Tuesday of the Month. 7pm-8pm in the Bier Stube (Small bar). A chance to practice German. Event led by a teacher. Free. No registration required.
*Postponed* A new opportunity to practice German is the new German Folk Sing-A-Long which has started this autumn. Not a German language class. It’s just for fun and takes place every 2nd and 4th Monday from 7:30 to 8:30. With an emphasis of singing songs “auf deutsch”, the goal is to honor the German heritage that is remembered in old German folk songs, with perhaps a passing nod to more current German melodies.
Meets in the Bier Stube every 2nd & 4th Monday from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Free and open to the public. Just for fun – come and sing.