- *New* Since the Haus is closed, adult classes will continue online using Z00m. The new session starts April 20 with a max of 10 students per class. Classes will be shortened to 1 hour per week and the price will be lowered accordingly for this session. Registration is now open soon for the new online session.
- If you registered for the Spring session before the Covid Stay-at-home orders happened, you can choose to receive a full refund or to convert to the less expensive online courses and receive a refund of the difference.
- Important: New Textbooks were required starting in January 2020 for Adult Classes. Details on textbook page here.
- The Saturday Children’s program will be delayed until the Haus can reopen. The new session will be for 3 to 6 year olds. Registration is suspended until the Haus can reopen. *Details on Children’s page Here*
German Language classes FOR ADULTS
Online classes will start the third week in April and run for 10 weeks. Registration is now open. Classes will use Zoom. Students will need to install this free app.
Details on class size, refund policy and all the policy details here.
Class Schedule Spring 2020 ADULTS
A1.1 – Beginner sequence, Course 1, 1st of 4 Courses
- Tuesday, 6 pm-7, April 21-June 23
- Saturday, 9 am-10, April 25-June 27
A1.2 –Beginner sequence, Course 2, 2nd of 4 Courses
- Monday, 6pm-7, April 20-June 22
A1.3 –Beginner sequence, Course 3, 3rd of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 10:30 am-11:30, April 25-June 27
A1.4 – Beginner sequence, Course 4, 4th of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 12 noon – 1 pm, April 25-June 27
A2 – Elementary Level (Follows Beginner Sequence)
- Wednesday, 6pm-7, April 22-June 24
B1+ – Intermediate and Above Thursday, 6pm-7, April 23-June 25
Tuition prices – adults
- Adults: Regular 10 week classes
- $121 – Deutsches Haus Non-Members
- $110 – Deutsches Haus Members
- 9 week class (Monday A1.2 misses 1 session for Memorial Day)
- $99 – Deutsches Haus Members
- $109 – Non-Members
A convenience fee of approximately $3 will be added to the price when paying online.
Group classes will be online until they can once more take place at the Haus on Moss Street.
Private lessons may also be available.
For more information or for questions, please email:
German Class Coordinator
German Conversation NiGHT
*Postponed until Haus reopens after Covid closure*. Third Tuesday of the Month (Coming up next – January 21, February 18). 7pm-8pm in the Bier Stube (Small bar). A chance to practice German. Event led by a teacher. Free. No registration required.
*Postponed until Haus reopens after Covid closure* A new opportunity to practice German is the new German Folk Sing-A-Long which has started this autumn. Not a German language class. It’s just for fun and takes place every 2nd and 4th Monday from 7:30 to 8:30. With an emphasis of singing songs “auf deutsch”, the goal is to honor the German heritage that is remembered in old German folk songs, with perhaps a passing nod to more current German melodies. Meets in the Bier Stube every 2nd & 4th Monday from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Free and open to the public. Just for fun – come and sing.