Important: *New Textbooks are required for the January 2020 Adult Classes* Details on textbook page here.
There are a lot of new things going on with German Language at Deutsches Haus.
- Registration is open for the new session of language classes starting in January
- A new Saturday Children’s program will also start in January for 3 to 6 year olds. Registration is also open. *Details on Children’s page Here*
- A free monthly German Conversation Night started this autumn.
- A free German Sing-A-Along activity has started. (see bottom of page for details)
German Language classes FOR ADULTS
Classes will start the second week in January and run for 10 weeks. (Except for the Tuesday A.1.1 class which will miss one class meeting on Mardi Gras Day and have prorated tuition). Registration is now open.
Details on class size, refund policy and all the policy details here.
Class Schedule Winter 2020 ADULTS
A1.1 – Beginner sequence, Course 1, 1st of 4 Courses
Tuesday, 6pm-730, Jan 14-Mar 17 (1 class missed for Mardi Gras) or
Saturday, 9am-10:30, Jan 18-Mar 22
A1.2 –Beginner sequence, Course 2, 2nd of 4 Courses
- Monday, 6pm-7:30, Jan 13-Mar 16
A1.3 –Beginner sequence, Course 3, 3rd of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 1pm-2:30, Jan 18-Mar 22
A1.4 – Beginner sequence, Course 4, 4th of 4 Courses
- Saturday, 11am-12:30pm, Jan 18-Mar 22
A2 – Elementary Level (Follows Beginner Sequence)
- Wednesday, 6pm-730, Jan 15-Mar 18
B1+ – Intermediate and Above
- Thursday, 6pm-730, Jan 16-Mar 20
Tuition prices – adults
- Adults: Regular 10 week classes
- $165 – Deutsches Haus Members
- $182 – Non-Members
A convenience fee of approximately $4 will be added to the price when paying online.
Group classes will take place at the Haus on Moss Street.
Private lessons may also be available.
For more information or for questions, please email:
German Class Coordinator
German Conversation NiGHT
Third Tuesday of the Month (Coming up next – January 21, February 18). 7pm-8pm in the Bier Stube (Small bar). A chance to practice German. Event led by a teacher. Free. No registration required.
A new opportunity to practice German is the new German Folk Sing-A-Long which has started this autumn. Not a German language class. It’s just for fun and takes place every 2nd and 4th Monday from 7:30 to 8:30. With an emphasis of singing songs “auf deutsch”, the goal is to honor the German heritage that is remembered in old German folk songs, with perhaps a passing nod to more current German melodies. Meets in the Bier Stube every 2nd & 4th Monday from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Free and open to the public. Just for fun – come and sing.