Monday, November 18, was both the 1st Anniversary of the opening of the new Deutsches Haus building on Moss Street AND the 91st Anniversary of the Deutsches Haus organization in New Orleans!
- Sunday November 24: A party with German buffet in honor of the 1-year anniversary of the structured German classes. Menu, tickets here
- Tuesday November 26: A celebration of the good times at the old location on Galvez Street. The Bier Stube is being opened specially. More info
Click for more info about the history of Deutsches Haus or the building of the Haus. And here is a look-back at the opening one year ago.
Deutsches Haus is organizing a new event on Moss Street. The First Annual Christkindl Markt (Christmas Market) will be Saturday, December 21, 2019, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. In the tradition of German seasonal markets, there will be booths for Christmas shopping and treats.
We are looking for CRAFTERS and ARTISTS to participate in the Christmas Market. The application for vendors with more details is here. Deadline for vendor applications is November 21.
It is time to get ready for the elections of the Deutsches Haus Board of Directors for next year. Are you interested in running for the Board of Directors?
- The nomination period runs during the month of November.
- The list of candidates will be announced at the Membership meeting on December 5.
- There will be a town hall to “Meet the Candidates” a week before the election in January.
Requirements, instructions for nominations, and the form to be submited are located HERE.