Skip to content
- Based on new bylaws there will be eleven (11) directors elected in 2020.
- Directors will be elected by the stockholder members in good standing at the annual Election Meeting on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 7:30 pm, hereafter referred to as “the members”.
- Ballots will be provided to the members attending the meeting. Names of the candidates are listed in order selected by a double blind draw.
- The members may vote for a maximum of eleven (11) candidates by making a mark on the line next to the candidates name. Ballots with more than eleven (11) candidates selected will be disqualified.
- For the 2020 election the candidates receiving the four highest number of votes will be elected to a three year term as Director. The remaining seven candidates receiving the highest number of votes will be elected to a one year term as Director.
- If there is more than one candidate with the same number of votes for the fourth or eleventh position then there will be a runoff vote by the members for those candidates who are tied in number of votes at those positions.
- Once the eleven Directors are elected by the members they will retire to a meeting room where they will determine, from the elected Directors, the Officers of the Deutsches Haus: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The Officers will be elected to a one year term of office for the position they are elected to. Upon the Officers being elected by the Directors, the Board will report the elected Officers to the members for approval as a slate.
- The members will then vote, by ballot, either yes or no to the slate. A majority vote of the members is required to approve the slate.