Oct 12: It’s a good time to come enjoy good German beer, food and music on the banks of Bayou St. John. Many of the varieties of German beers are not available in the New Orleans any other time of the year. Complete list of beers is here.
The fun starts at 1 pm on Saturday. A cool front has come through!!!! Perfect time to bring your festival chair and sit under the oaks.
Saturday, there will be a fire engine for the kids starting at 2pm. The Schnauzer parade and costume contest is at 5pm Saturday. It is run by NOLA Schnauzer rescue.
Admission is $8 – Children 12 and under free. *More Info*
New this year is our Condor Air Premium Pass. Tickets for Saturday are available at the door.*Details here*
Deutsches Haus is now offering the fourth German Stein in the exclusive Deutsches Haus New Orleans Oktoberfest series.
This .5 Liter German Salt Glaze Stein The stein is grey in color with blue outline of the Haus logo. A flat pewter lid adorns the top. A limited edition firing number will be on the bottom.
You may buy one or more of these limited edition steins for $85 at Oktoberfest
Continue reading “2019 Stein”
Oktoberfest 2019 starts Friday October 4 at 4 pm!
- Admission is $8 – Children 12 and under free.
- There will be lots of good German beer, food and music on the banks of Bayou St. John. *All the Details Here*
- New this year is the Condor Air Premum Pass will include special food and beverages inside the Haus. *More Info*
- The Children’s Corner is having a kid’s costume contest Saturday Oct 5 afternoon as well as fun new activities such as mug and cookie decorating. *More Info*
- NOLA.com has done a nice article on things to do at Oktoberfest. *Read the article*
- Saturday October 5 at 4:30 pm – the Oktoberfest Run goes by in front on Moss Street! Warning: Moss Street will be closed to cars for about an hour. If you arrive around this time, you will have to walk in. A good time to consider parking around the corner at Cabrini on Esplanade for only $10 for the day.