Oktoberfest started Friday October 5 at 4pm! What’s new this year?
- New Orleans’ own Urban South Brewery has created an exclusive beer for our event: FestBier. It’s similar to a Märzenbier, a lager between pale and amber.
- A new Children’s Corner with games and crafts from opening to sunset. With guest craft leaders from the Children’s Museum and Rhino contemporary arts on some days.
- Souvenir mugs will celebrate our 90th Anniversary. Yes, Deutsches Haus has been in New Orleans for 90 years!
- Sponsor Walker Volkswagen will have 4 new autos on display.
- And of course, lots of good German beer, food and music on the banks of Bayou St. John.
- Admission is $8 – Children 12 and under free. *More Info*
Celebrating our 90th year!
The 90-Thousand-in-90-Days-to honor-90 Years campaign made its goal of $90,000! The campaign is to support the transition and move into our New Haus at 1700 Moss Street along Bayou St. John. Our campaign ended on September 9, 2018.
We appreciate EVERY contribution, support, and best wish, we’ve received.
As one of the oldest and largest cultural organizations in the city, we are proud of our mission to celebrate and foster the rich culture, musical heritage, language and history of the Germanic people. Construction of our new Deutsches Haus on Bayou St John is down to mostly interior work with completion anticipated in November of this year in time to celebrate our 90th anniversary in our new home.
To read more about our history click here.
The Kinderchor or Children’s German Choir will begin again on September 11, 2018 at a new location at St. Lukes Methodist Church.
Tuesdays 4:30 to 5:30 pm
St Luke’s United Methodist Church
5875 Canal Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
With Rachel Becker and Meme Coniglio
Fun, Music and More
For ages 8 and older
For more information: (504) 913-4408
Starting September 11, 2018