October 5-6, 12-13 and 19-20, 2018
Fridays 4 pm–11 pm
Saturdays 1 pm–11 pm
Returning to New Orleans on Bayou St. John across from City Park
Location: Deutsches Haus’ New Home (link to map)
1700 Moss Street, New Orleans, LA 70119
Cost $8 – children 12 and under free – tickets available at the entrance or via earlybird purchase
- German food: brats, sauerkraut, special dinners like schnitzel, meatloaf, pork loin, sauerbraten, variety of German cheeses, large Bavarian-style pretzels, and German desserts
- German drinks: Over 20 different German beers, about 9 different wines and over 20 different schnapps
- Oompah Music, Special Dance Performances, Dancing Chicken
- First Keg Tap – Festival Opening – Friday, October 5th
- Oktoberfest 2 Mile Run – Saturday, October 6th. Register at NOTC website here
- Schnauzer Costume Contest and Parade – Saturday October 13th 6:00 p.m. All breeds are welcome to participate!
- Dachshund Races! – Saturday, October 20th 3pm. Benefits Animal Rescue New Orleans. Register your dachshund here.
- Masskrugstemmen – Beer Stein Holding Contest, Daily
- Historic Exhibit
- Souvenir Shop featuring German items
- Children’s crafts and games in the Children’s Corner. Daily from opening until sunset.
Our event schedule is here.
To sign up for the Oktoberfest race at noon on Saturday, October 6, the link is here. You get free entry to Oktoberfest on race day and one additional day with your race bib. The Oktoberfest Race is open to all runners and walkers, New Orleans Track Club members and nonmembers alike.
If your business is interested in being a sponsor of Oktoberfest 2018, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will also need lots of volunteers! Information to signup for volunteers is here.